Pages

Tuesday 7 August 2018

Social Studies: MARAMATAKA

My research was about the "Maramataka". 
In the traditional Maori Maramataka, the new year begins with the first new moon following the appearance of Matariki on the eastern horizon. Usually this takes place in the period June-July.

2 things I found interesting?

2 things I found interesting that the Maramataka were brought to New Zealand by Pacific Islanders form Hawaiki & "Maramataka" which means "The moon turning".

2 things you thought you did well? 

2 things I thought I did well was writing down some information about my research and finding a lot of interesting things as I was doing my research.

Something you want to do differently next time.

I don't really know what to do yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.